Thursday, June 18, 2009

In Pieces

I always carry a little notebook in my purse. To jot down appointments, for grocery lists and menu plans, to help occupy the kids with a game of tic-tac-toe while we wait for the doctor or the bus. But, lately, that little notebook has become something else. A place to go when I feel overwhelmed or sad or just simply, don't know what to do. As you can probably guess, most of those feelings are centered around my miscarriage.

I could keep all of those feelings hidden away in that little notebook, tucked away in the darkness of my purse, but I want to share them here. I want to do this not for sympathy, but for healing.

Most of it will be disjointed, little snippets of the time before, during and after the miscarriage. Feel free to read or not, to comment or not.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have a Japanese friend here who had two miscarriages this past year. I hope through reading your story, I will know how to encourage and comfort her better. I really appreciate you sharing. Thanks.

Debbie said...

I have 2 journals, too. one in my purse and one I can pour my big heart into when I need to. it's hard to write - its still so new for me - but so good. i want to mark my pain and loss - i want to explore the depths of it in words so as healing comes, I can see how far I've come... one itty bitty step at a time.