Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Taking It Easy

Day two into the great Chicken Pox Adventure (thus the cream all over Bailey's face and arms) and I am just waiting for Sophie to come down with them too. Better to get it all done with in one foul sweep, I suppose. As a side note, am I the only mom in Japan who didn't get her kids vaccinated against chicken pox?

Since we are stuck in the house anyway, I have been letting Bailey watch endless TV and DVDs- Thomas, Anpanman, Tom and Jerry and the cartoon network. Hubs picked up a pokemon (his current obsession) book for him yesterday and that has kept him busy for a while. We made homemade pizza together yesterday and he helped fold up and put away the laundry today- "just for fun, " he said.

I guess I could take advantage of all our at home time by working on labeling all of Sophie's crayons and whatnot's and making all the bags that she needs for preschool, but I am so not motivated. It seems, I too, would rather lounge on the couch and watch the cartoon network.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Hope Bailey recovers quickly. Enjoy the couch time too. Taking care of the little ones can tucker anyone out. A day to lounge or channel surf is good good good!!! We need it sometimes ya know. : )

My kids had the vaccination. But if it helps, I got them as a kid. I had pink calamine lotion all over me. ha ha ha. And I was itchy itchy itchy. :D

Take care Trisha and family!!! : )

Kim said...

Oh, I hope everyone feels better soon! I got Jun vaccinated for various reasons - including that I have NEVER had chickenpox and don't want them now. (I too got vaccinated as an adult.) However a student of mine got vaccinated, and a year later came down with a pretty standard, if slightly shorter, version, so... Enjoy the TV! We are doing PBS watching on Youtube lately! Jun loves Clifford, the big red dog!

illahee said...

i haven't had my kids vaccinated against chicken pox. do we really need to? i understand kim's reasoning, but yoshi and i have had them as children, so...

i guess i can only hope my kids get them when they're small.

Heidi said...

(I actually wrote a comments yesterday that got lost when I published it. But here goes again :

I did not get my kids vaccinated as the effect of the vaccination is limited (see your other poster). Also, nothing wrong with getting the full-blown version as my kids are not immunity-compromised. But that decision pissed of my MIL (who helped look after my kids on days when I went back to work). I hope your kids don't get too unconfortable!

I too have to start labelling the kindergarten stuff. Kai will be starting next month. I can't believe that I have to do crayon by crayon ...

Take care!