Saturday, December 01, 2007

Prepare The Mind, Prepare The Body

Priorities. Choices. Decisions. That's what it all came down to this weekend and maybe I didn't prioritize well and maybe I didn't make the right choice and maybe I didn't weigh the pros and cons of the decision very well, but what is done is done.

Tomorrow I will be heading out around 7:45 with three sharpened pencils, an eraser and my test voucher plus identification to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. I could have (should have?) spent the day studying and brushing up. Instead, Hubs was gone until late afternoon because of a business trip, so I took the kids shopping for his Christmas gift in the morning and napped when they did.

Around 5:00 we headed out to test run Hub's uncle's new restaurant. The food and alcohol where mostly Korean, but not all of it was super spicy and what I tried I really liked. Hands down the chijimi was my favorite . A pancake-y creation with seafood and veggies. Yummy! Good food, good company and the best part it was free and delicious.

So, while I may not have spent the day studying I feel really mentally and physically rested. Ready to take on whatever Level 2 has to throw at me.

3 comments:

marianne said...

How was it?I really want to have a go next year but I've said that for the last X many years ;-)

Trisha said...

Marianne- I am keeping my fingers crossed but I am not holding my breath.

mariko said...

Good for you! Let us know how you did! I remember when we used to go to those silly Japanese classes at the community center together. . .