Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh The Segue Ways You Will Make

On Sunday, we visited Tokyo Disneyland. Through Hubs company we got a special discounted ticket and got to attend a special, private show. A trip to TDL would not be complete without popcorn. Caramel corn, chocolate corn, cream soda corn and many other flavors. hubs waited in line to get the chocolate flavored one for us while Sophie napped in the stroller and Bailey and I watched the Mickey Mouse Review. Here are the fruits of Hub's thirty minute wait and Bailey's reaction after the first bite.
Someone was selling these right as we came into the park and all day long that was all Bailey talked about. I told him we could get one when we left the park and every ten minutes he would ask, are we done? are we going home? don't forget my balloon. He wasn't too happy when we had to stuff them in the trunk for the ride home.
Sophie's reaction to Minnie being stuffed in the trunk.
An earlier, happier moment. Sophie putting on her Minnie ears.
We got both of them a pair of ears with their names embroidered on the back and headed for the hills.

On Thursday, I was a little worried about what kind of reaction I was going to get when I took the kids to the doctor for a flu shot. (What a beautiful segue way, Trisha!!)

Sophie was the first to go. She looked up at the doctor and before she even realized what was happening it was over. No tears, no screaming, no fussing- she just got it over with and went on her merry little way.





Then it was my turn. Alright. That stung a little, but I, I will survive.





A few hours later, after preschool, it was Bailey's turn. The same as Sophie- no tears, no screaming- it was over almost as soon as it had begun.





After having gotten bitten by the influenza bug three times in as many years, I decided to pay the 2500 yen (around $25) per person (times two for the kids since they have to get the shot twice) and hope that even if we can't stave it off completely at least it will be milder.

I mean really, next year is the year of the mouse. Nothing really bad could happen during the year of the mouse. But wait a minute, weren't we the ones that stuffed Mickey (the Big Cheese) and Minnie (his Main Squeeze) into the trunk just a few days earlier??? What will the next year hold- influenza or just a few sniffles? Only the mouse knows.

See, how I tied that all up, tiny and neat and slapped a big, floppy bow on it?

I think my work here is done.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: