Friday, June 29, 2007

A Mole Hill That Became A Mountain

At least twenty things, in this room alone, need straightening or to be put away or thrown away. Somewhere, filed away in my mind is a poem I had to memorize when I was in sixth grade. Mrs. Allen's class. I can't remember the title or all of the words even but I do remember these lines:

"Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But he with a chuckle replied,
That maybe it couldn't but he would be one who wouldn't say so till he tried.
So he buckled right in with a bit of a grin on his face,
If he worried he hid it,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done,
And he did it."

That, my friends, in a nutshell is my philosophy on housekeeping. Just when I think I am so behind that I will never get caught up I just dive in and don't come up for air until it is done. I don't wanna leave Hubs with a dirty house while we are gone and so for the next two weeks-ish I am going "tackle the thing that couldn't be done" and do it. Do it to see the look of surprise in my husband's eyes. Do it to know where it is when I need it. Do it because it needs to be done. If you don't hear from me in a while, you will know why. I'll be back but first "I'm gonna take that mountain."

1 comment:

Tigermama said...

That is exactly what I`m doing...but probably not until next week! ;) Good luck with the housework. I`m sure your husband will appreciate it!