I was tagged by Coarse Gold Girl a while a go to to this one. Since the kids are already fast asleep and god only knows when Hubs will be home, I decide to give it a go.
Here are the rules:1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. In the summer, I usually hang my clothes out to dry at night. The reason for this is two-fold. First of all, it isn't as hot or humid (usually) at night so I can get things hung up without (usually) breaking a sweat. Or, at least if I do break a sweat nobody can see me all beat faced and whipping sweat off my chin cause it is dark outside. Second of all, and this reason is probably the most important, I can just get out there and get it done instead of having to worry about whether or not Sophie is trying to eat the soap powder again or Bailey has found the scissors or not.
2. I always, always, always go to the bathroom before I go to bed. Even if I just went five minutes earlier, I go again just in case. Don't know why this is. Maybe something Mom made us do when we were little and it just stuck with me. It makes me crazy when Bailey doesn't go right before he goes to bed. I also always use the bathroom first thing in the morning and try to get Bailey to do the same but sometimes he can go for as long as an hour without going to the bathroom after he wakes up.
3. My bookshelves are overflowing and I know that I won't have any place to put the new books I plan to buy while we are in the States. Hubs has suggested that I give some to a friend or donate them to the public library. I just can't stand the idea of throwing a book away. Even when one of the kids tears pages out of a book and they go missing, I still can't bring myself to throw them away. As a matter of fact, there is a book (well, really, just two pages of a book) that is on our shelf now and it is one of Sophie's favorites.
4. I usually always have a snack before I go to bed. I eat dinner with the kids around 6:00 each evening and by the time eleven rolls around I am in the mood for a little snack. Sometimes it is with Hubs (if he is home by then) and sometimes it is just me and a slice of butter toast with strawberry jam and a big, cold glass of milk.
5. I detest having a gross, smelly, rotten, mildewy shower/ bath and so I clean it every other day. I usually clean either at the end of my shower in the morning or while the kids are splashing around in the tub after their bath in the evening. I guess I just don't like the idea of trying to get clean in a place that is dirty.
6. I sometimes pretend that I don't understand Japanese when a telemarketer calls or a door to door salesman visits. I always answer the phone by saying hello in English and that throws a lot of people off. You wouldn't believe the number of hang ups I get or mumbled I'm sorrys. Sometimes I just don't want to be bothered with details of how this cram school will turn your kid into a genius or how I can study Japanese using the newspaper.
7. I wear my husband's socks. His dress socks, his casual socks- it doesn't matter to me. I have size 10 or 11 feet and in Japan in is really hard to find women's socks to fit me. I guess that I could buy my own men's socks, but I figure Hubs already has them so why bother?
8. Last Thursday, I bought eight litters of milk and they are all gone except for one.
Hmmm, I guess that just about covers it. I won't tag anyone but if you want to play along leave a comment so I can come by and check it out.