Sunday, April 22, 2007

Instill A Love Of Reading

A room full of kids aged between six and twelve. Twenty of them with at least one parent each all looking at me as I sat bright, hot, blinding spotlight shining in my face making my way through three books, two songs and one fingerplay. Sounds fun, right? You better believe it! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

It was my first time volunteering at the central library and I read, sang and played for about an hour and a half total. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful and I even borrowed a few books for the kids from their pretty big selection of English books to read at home.

We are big fans of Eric Carle and Karen Katz here. What about you? What are some of your favorite books either for yourself or for sharing with your child?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We read for a younger crowd but Mercer Mayer is one of our faves!