Monday, April 23, 2007

Homemade Spring Rolls




With Bailey at home from pre-school today with a minor cold (I felt better about keeping him home), I decided it was time to try something new. We got all bundled up (what is it with the weather recently? Isn't it supposed to be spring already?? Come to think of it, that might be why Bailey got sick.) and headed to the supermarket. Looking around, I decided that tonight would be Chinese night and got all the stuff we needed to make fried rice, egg drop soup and homemade spring rolls.
Bailey helped stuff and roll them (we "pasted" them shut with a mixture of a little flour and water), but I made the kids leave the kitchen when it was time to deep fry them (thus the picture of a hungry, sad Sophie and a straining his neck to see Bailey).
They got good reviews and I even managed to sneak one of the smaller ones for Bailey's lunch tomorrow. There are three waiting in the fridge for Hubs when he gets home as well. Nothing tastes better than homemade, right?

4 comments:

Midori said...

They look yummy!!! I used to make spring rolls with my Mum all the time when I was a kid! Lots of fun!

Gina said...

Ohhh I'm with Midori, they look delicious! Yummers! : ) Btw, if you ever need kids meds Trisha, I always got plenty, you got my email, so if you ever need them. Let me know, I'd be happy to send some your way.

Anonymous said...

Totally looking delicious!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, those look delicious. You're making me hungry!