Friday, October 13, 2006

In Reverse


The tub is filled with warm water and lavender bath salt. I am trying to wash Bailey's hair while he shows me a dance he learned at school today. He finishes up with his arms open wide, head thrown back. When he realizes I am not paying attention, he pleads, "Look, Mommy, look."
"Shhhhh," I put my finger to my lips and listen.
"Ma ma ma ma," Sophie's battle cry begins.
I go on trying to finish washing up Bailey, but I can't help but think the sound is getting closer.
I rinse Bailey off and plop him in the tub and head to the living room to get Sophie.
Where is she? I left her in the middle of the living room floor under the play gym with a pacifier and her favorite towel.
The towel is there. The pacifier is there, but Sophie is not.
Okay, she couldn't have gone far. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see something move. Something short and chubby. Definitely a Sophie leg peeking out from under the dining room table.
Seems as though she backed herself up under the table all the while giving the "ma ma ma ma" battle cry. Just like a little school bus.

4 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, how cute! I remember well how Snuggle Bug started learning how to crawl by first scooting backwards! He used to get so mad because he wasn't going the direction he wanted to. :)

Thanks your comment on my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange post.

I think what I'm going to do is change the name to "Favorite Ingredients Friday" and allow my readers to decide how many ingredients they want to post, while encouraging them to keep it as simple as possible. :)

So, I hope you give the Caramel Brownies recipe a try. They're really yummy!

Kristen said...

How cute!! Little Sophie is on the move! ;-)

TJ said...

Dear Trisha,
Seems like I'm missing so much...Sophie will be walking soon :-O

Anonymous said...

hehe that is too cute that you have a runaway in reverse!