Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's Cooking?


I don't mind cooking. Actually, I like to cook. I remember when we were first married I would spend hours pouring over recipes, making weekly menus, grocery shopping, chopping and dicing.

Then came the kids and I had to simplify. Lately, it seems like I make the same ten things- pasta, sweet and sour pork, stew, Japanese style noodles, curry, baked fish, fried rice, ginger pork and some type of chicken. My family surely doesn' t go hungry but a little variety certainly wouldn't kill us either. Then I saw this over at A Little About Us and this from Tammy, Mrs. Kentucky girl herself and super great ideas from Five Ingredient Friday hosted by Overwhelmed with Joy and I think I am gonna try a few new things, step outside the box and tempt our tastebuds with something different.

Now, if I could just get that knife out of Bailey's hand.......

2 comments:

voni said...

OH! I like the five ingredient Friday. I'll have to look over there on fridays now:) Thanks for the tip:)

Ladybug Dawn said...

I think the opposite happend to me. When the kids came along, I felt like I was housewife who had to cook good meals for the family. I've never really gotten into recipes which were TOO complicated, and usually cook in the style my dad taught me (throw what looks good in, and toss it all in the oven or pot). Although every once in awhile I have to pull out a recipe or two from a cookbook to shake things up a bit. :)