Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What's For Dinner Wednesday

I can't tell you the number of times people back home have asked me, "What y'all eat over there? Is it all seaweed and sushi?" Well, yes and no. Seaweed I love, but sushi is out of the question. Bailey was playing around with the camera and actually took a really good picture of our dinner, so I decided to share it with you all. Tonight's dinner was white rice (we eat rice just about everyday) miso soup with veggies and tofu, grilled salmon and asparagus cooked in dashi and sprinkled with dried fish flakes. Pretty good for a girl from West Virginia, don't you think?

And, of course Bailey wanted to see another picture of himself on "da conputer" so here he is my dinner companion for the evening. He ate everything- including the asparagus!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing! I also appreciate your advice with the twos. How did you wind up oversees from WV? Amy

Trisha said...

Hmmm, I meet a boy (now my husband) in college, fell in love but he would have nothing to do with me, just wanted to be friends. After I graduated, I came to Japan to teach English for one year and met up with him again. We fell in love, got married, had two babies and I have been here ever since.

*Tanyetta* said...

Awww....that is a really cute love story of how you met your husband.

One day men will realize WE CHOOSE THEM. LOL.

Love the photos!!!!!!!

Trisha said...

Tanyetta- thanks for stopping by and you have quite the handsome young man as well. You should be proud!