Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The First Step

I figured if I just waited it out, it would get better.

I figured that if I was more patient, things would be easier.

I figured wrong. Things have not gotten better, nor have they gotten easier.

If it had been a cough that had lingered, unresolved, all this time, I would have gone to the doctor long ago. I wouldn't have given it a second thought. But, this is something totally different. Something that isn't easy for me to share because there are so many feelings tangled up in it. Guilt. Blame. Fear. Stress.

So, tomorrow, we will take the first step. A counselling session, to help figure out the best course of action to get things back on track at school and at home. The first step is always the hardest.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Deciding to make the first step is always difficult. Congratulations and I hope everything goes well for you.

Gina said...

After reading the label, I see it's about Bailey. If you want you can always email me. Or call me. I'm always an ear willing to listen. I will always be here even if you just want to vent or talk things over.

I hope things get better. You have 2 of the sweetest kids. And I've enjoyed watching them grow up via this blog. And it makes me honestly really sad if either of them is having a tough time right now. : (

Nay said...

Although making that first step is hard things will only get better from here on. Hang in there!

*hugs*

Lulu said...

I do hope things improve for you and your family.

Big hugs coming your way!