Sophie loves to help out in the kitchen and so the other day when it was too rainy to go to the park, I decided to make some homemade crackers for that night's chili. of course Sophie had a ball making and then eating the crackers. We used cookie cutters instead of cutting them into traditional squares. the hardest part was probably getting the dough thin enough. The ones that were too thick didn't crisp up like the others did.
Here is the recipe that we used:
Whole Wheat Crackers
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Roll out as thin as possible and cut into desired shapes.
4. Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 12 minutes
5. Let them sit in the oven until they cool. this helps crisp them up.