Thursday, September 25, 2008

End Of The Nap??

Every afternoon after lunch I put Sophie down for a nap. If I am lucky she actually naps. If I am not so lucky, she hosts elaborate parties for her stuffed animals and babies in her crib and then is unbearably grouchy from 5:00 on.

The ideal, for all of our sakes, is sleep and so I have gotten pretty good at ignoring her pleas to get out of the crib. Yesterday, I put her down around 12:30 and by 1:15 the house was quiet. Success, I thought and settled down on the couch to watch a little television.

I wasn't sure at first if it was someone on the street below, so I muted the TV. It was Sophie. I tried to ignore her, but she only got louder, "COME HERE NOW MAMA!!". I tiptoed into the hallway and turned on the hall light, opened the bedroom door a crack, and Sophie proclaimed, "I can't sleep. I am cold."

She was standing in her crib- stark naked!! I helped her put her clothes back on, took her to the potty and gave her a sip of water. I would have put her back to bed, but by that time it was time to pick up Bailey at the bus stop.

Is this the beginning of the end of the nap?!!?!?

1 comment:

shinshu life said...

ooohhh it's a sad day for mummy when nap time goes! Amy rarely naps unless we're in the car but she lies on her bed for 20 minutes on the timer for both our sakes! :)