Friday, February 01, 2008

A Birthday Breakfast

Tomorrow Sophie turns two and I had every intention of making cupcakes for breakfast. (It is a little tradition we started a few birthdays back since Hubs schedule doesn't always allow him to be home to eat dinner with us on the weekdays.) The day was supposed to read like this: go to Japanese class, run by the bookstore, get a quick lunch, be at the bus stop to pick up Bailey by 2:20, go to the dentist, get the last few things that I needed to actually make said cupcakes, pick up Sophie and then make the cupcakes and icing while the kids watched an hour or so of kids shows.

Let's just say I didn't make it much past the dentist. I went in for a cleaning and let's just say it has been a while since I have had my teeth cleaned. There was a lot of plaque build up on my back teeth and the dentist kept saying stuff like, "This is gonna hurt. Oh, sorry about that!" And while at some points it wasn't exactly comfortable I could bear it.

The pain hit me as we were waiting in the lobby to pay and it would not go away. I stumbled through grocery shopping, picked up Sophie, came home and downed 3 extra strength Tylenol (I know, I know but the pain was pretty bad and I needed to be able toget the kids fed, bathed and in bed.) and laid down on the sofa.

After the kids were fed, bathed and in bed I laid back down oon the sofa again and took a two hour nap. I finally felt like I could eat something and so I had a ham and cheese sandwhich and warm water (I tried cold water but my gums are so sensitive from the cleaning that it hurt).

Now, it is too late to make cupcakes, but I think I will make chocolate chip pancakes instead. Jazz it up with a little whip cream and a strawberry on top. Sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy birthday sweet baby girl, Sophie! From me and the boys here in Chiba! : )