Friday, November 09, 2007

Look, He's A Better Driver Than Me

I don't have a driver's license in this country or in the States. It's not really a problem here. There are buses and trains and taxis galore, but when we move back to the States I will have to get one. It's not something that I look forward to. Driving scares me beyond belief. I took driver's ed in high school and I remember our first time out driving. Thank god it was only me and the instructor. Let's just say that I wasn't even sure how to steer the car and if it weren't for the brake on the passenger side we would have crashed into a tree. Other highlights include going way to fast on the interstate, riding the shoulder of the road becasue I was so afraid of oncoming cars, getting so flustered I completely missed my turn off and I could go on and on, but I am afraid you would think I was a totally nerd.

So, I might just let Bailey drive us all around on the back of his fire truck. It might be slow, but it would be safe.

No comments: