Friday, November 09, 2007

Kids, They Sure Do Keep It Lively

Last night, as Bailey stood in the middle of the living room floor, nose red and cheeks wet with tears, declaring that, in one breath, he didn't like me and in the very next breath, telling me he loved me, I thought that I had finally reached the end of my patience. It was 10:00 by that time, more than two hours after his bedtime. Two hours of tears, two hours of trying to be calm and not blow my top, two hours of stubbornness. The longest, hardest two hours of my life in recent memory.

Bed time has become a battle ground once again. And, I don't even have the energy to go into it all right now. It's only 4:00 in the afternoon but I am already dreading bedtime. He is especially prone to act like this when he is overtired which just makes it worse. He needs the sleep but he just won't give into it. Tonight could be total different, I keep telling myself and for both of our sakes I hope I am right.

No comments: