Thursday, May 31, 2007

For Phillip, Jennifer and Savanna

We were inseparable in the summer and the laughter that filled the house whenever we got together was unmistakable. We gave each other silly nicknames and played "talk show" (Okra Winfrey) while the adults visited upstairs. Phillip, Jennifer and Savanna. My cousins. My friends.

This week, they will bury their mother, and I can't help but think how precious, how fragile life is. Words fail me now, but I hope that my cousins know that seldom a day goes by that I do not think of them, wish the best for them and hope that they are doing well. Although it has been quite a while since we played talk show or drank champagna together, my love for the three of you has never changed. It is still as strong as ever. I am sending that love to all of you now. Even though I can't be there physically my thoughts and prayers and love are always with you.

1 comment:

*Tanyetta* said...

life is so precious. sounds like you shared some great times together. :)