Thursday, April 05, 2007

Oh, Oh, Oh It's A Bento!

The last few days I have been making an o-bento type lunch box for Bailey for either dinner or lunch. The reason for this is two-fold: 1. To get into practice and 2. To see how much I can actually fit in there and if it will be enough to keep Bailey full.

The bento box, of course, had to be Thomas and it seems so small so I added another plastic Thomas container for fruit. He has a thermos, again Thomas, to take tea in and the school will give them about 2-3 ounces of milk at lunch time.

I know I should have taken pictures, but I always thought of it too late. Hubs suggested that I wear the camera around my neck so I could look like a Japanese tourist (full of humor, he is).

Strangley enough, stemed broccoli sprinkled with sesame seeds passed the test, but cheesey potatoes failed. Go figure!

When I asked Bailey what he would like to have in his lunch box, he replied, "Peanut M&Ms; only the green ones."

I am sure that would go over well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heheh Full of humour, he is? Yes Yoda! hehehe! Love it!