Thursday, April 05, 2007

Just A Song?

I blame it all on country music.

Lately, thanks to the IPod I got for Christmas, I have been listening to a lot of it is new to me music. The majority of it has been country music.

There has been Jason Aldean's Good To Go with the lyrics:
And it made me think about where I'm at
On my not so straight and narrow path
All the generous and mostly undeserved blessings that I've had

Then there is Carrie Underwood's Jesus Take The Wheel:
Jesus take the wheel, take it from my hands,
Cause I can't do this on my own,
I'm letting go so give me one more chance,
To save me from this road I'm on

Craig Morgan's Tough
No room for fear, full of faith,
Hands held high singing Amazing Grace

Also by Craig Morgan The Song
Simple words put into lines
Just a melody and rhyme
But at that moment seemed so strong
How can a piece of poetry
Knock a grown man to his knees
And lead him by the heart to where he belongs
Like a song

I blame it all on country music for the path my thoughts have been taking. Going to church and gospel sings and bible school and church camp. All things I haven't done in a long, long while.

I blame it all on country music, but I know it is the hand of God.

No comments: