Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Something's Missing

"Shhh, be quiet," it giggled from behind me and I decided to play along. If I don't see it, it can't see me. Quiet for a few minutes so I thought it was safe to turn around. There it was creeping closer and closer. Now I am caught up in the pre-holiday whirlwind and loving every minute of it.

Since I, unfortunately passed my cold/ stomach thing on to Sophie I decided to stay home and wrap presents while she napped. I brought all the presents into the living room. Found that little bit of paper from last year in the back of the closet and the new rolls we bought at Costco. The bows that I had hidden under the bed so Bailey wouldn't try decorating his sister again, no problem. Name tags? Who needs them when some of Bailey's old drawings cut up are cute and colorful? A pen and scissors from the cup on the computer desk and I settle in with Christmas music playing in the background and a cup of hot chocolate by my side. I measure, cut and then it hits me..... no tape. No tape, no wrapping.

Oh well, at least there was hot chocolate.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! What a neat idea of using drawings for the nametags! I may try that next year. One year we use our kid's hand tracings...(you know tracings of their hands)...and just put a hole through one of the paper fingers and tied a ribbon through it and used those as nametags. It's eat! I may even do that this year...thanks for reminding me...maybe I'll start that as another tradition until their lil hands stop growing! LOL

About the snowflakes on my site...if ya want...I will be more than happy to help you add some to your template! :D Just e-mail me using the "Contact" form on my site and let me know! :) I am offering my design services for FREE right now...



Jess

Anonymous said...

Ooops...realized I had a few typos...I put "tied a ribbon through it and used those as nametags. It's eat!" ...I didn't mean eat...I meant neat! LOL

Kristen said...

Hot Chocolate heals everything.

Very cute idea for nametags. Maybe I'll have my kids make me some, too. :-)

Overwhelmed! said...

Ugh, no tape! How painfully tragic. Thank goodness for the healing qualities of hot chocolate. :)

I wanted to stop by to say "thanks" for your kind comment on my Adoption #2- We’ve Got a Lead! post. I do appreciate your offered prayer!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!! That would be disappointing!!!

Better luck next time!

Tigermama said...

Hot chocolate saves the day!

Ame said...

there's always paste made with flour and water ;)then you have the "drying time."

tape is a fav of my kids to "play" with - it's rare to find any in my house, too :)

Gina said...

Hurray for the hot chocolate! : )