Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Night Owl

When Hubs is gone, I leave the light above the stove on. I don't know why, I just do. Little did I know that that light would attract a little, buzzing Bailey bug.
::::::::::::::::::::

I heard something. I waited. There it was again, coming from the living room. I struggled to find my cell phone and flipped it open. 1:58 am.

Pushing the covers off, my feet touched the cold wooden floor and I heard a door open and close. Great, just great.

I opened my door and ran smack dab into....... Bailey.

"Mommy," he said, taking my hand, "Let's play blocks."

"Bailey, it is way too early to get up," I said steering him toward the bathroom.

"Can I sleep with you?"

"Ok," I said, "But you have to be quiet. Sophie is asleep."

After he finished up in the bathroom, I got him settled in bed beside me. He fell asleep holding my hand.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Maybe he's sleeping schedule is set to another time zone? LOL!

chelle said...

awwwwwwww.....I adore sleeping with Becca, we do not do it often but when I do .... awwwww he feel asleep holding your hand!!!!

Kristen said...

I love it. That is so sweet. My kids do that sometimes and it's such a comforting feeling....for them and for me. ;-)

TJ said...

sweet posts today Trisha!!
I love your little family!!
I'm tired but wanted to get around and say hi before I hit the sack...it is just 6:43pm but 3:30am comes early and a 10 hour day after that....sigh...
:-D

Ms. Kathleen said...

When my kids were little they always crawled into bed with me when their Dad was gone. Sweet!

Pamela said...

Whenever I am alone and my hubby works nights any noise out of the ordinary is just the worst. So glad it was just Bailey. Very cute!