Saturday, September 02, 2006

In Celebration Of Labor Day

(Note: As I wandered around Blogland, I noticed lots of people wishing their readers a happy holiday weekend. And I thought and I thought some more. Not one of the big ones, I know that for sure. And then it hit me, LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Yes, that's what it is. Think I have been in Japan too long?!?)

In honor of LABOR DAY (or in Hubs' case over-labor day) both kids went to daycare, so Hubs and I could enjoy a little time together. We had a nice lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (where I picked up t-shirts for the kids) and then headed to one of our favorite places- the bookstore (where I picked up a book or two for the kids). Then it was to the grocery store where we could actually read labels and think before just throwing it into the cart (and I picked up Bailey's favorite juice and rice crackers for Sophie).

Ever notice how those little ones follow you around even when they aren't there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that is the truth...our kids seem to follow us everywhere...even when they aren't there! My kids grandparents can be watching them for a few hours or they may even spend the night and it always seems like we end up right in the toy aisle or some aisle for kids at almost every store we go to...

And yesterday Breann was in school and we started her birthday shopping...

Anonymous said...

hehe totally the kids follow you!!! Every few weeks I go out with the ladies to knit and somehow I come home with something for my daughter!! (sometimes even the husband!)