Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Little Christmas

Yesterday was a rough day. Sophie got sick (she has what appears to be the stomach flu) and Hubs got called in to work even though it was a national holiday (in honor of the reigning Emperor's birthday), so I shelved all the baking and cleaning I had planned. Today I am playing catch up.

After a quick trip to the grocery store, I made a simple cheese cake that is chilling in the refrigerator right now. I've got potatoes and carrots roasting in the slow cooker to go with the roast pork we will have for dinner. I have the dough for these cinnamon rolls in the bread machine now. The butter for these yummy and simple chocolate chip cookies in setting out to soften (these are going to be the cookies we leave out for Santa).

Bailey is watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on the Cartoon Network and Sophie, who still isn't feeling up to par, is taking a nap on the sofa. They are both looking forward to what Santa will bring tonight and I am looking forward to seeing their reactions when they open their gifts. Have a good Christmas Eve, everyone.

No comments: