Am I the only one who feels a little sad after the holidays? Not that we didn't have a great time being together as a family, but now that it is back to normal, Hubs at work, Sophie back at daycare and Bailey almost back in pre-school, I feel a little blue. Well, this too shall pass. . . . .
I have never been one for making resolutions, but I have been thinking about all the things that I am looking forward to in 2008. Some are new things I want to try and some are just upcoming events. If for no reason other than I have time right now, here goes. . . . . .
* Making more homemade, from scratch dinners. Over the holiday, I gave biscuits a go and we all agreed they tasted much, much better with jam. But, I have had a few successes- pizza dough, scalloped potatoes, pasta sauce and brownies just to name a few.
* Hopefully, fingers crossed super tight, heading out to the Snow Festival in Hokkaido in February. It is the one thing that I really want to see before we leave Japan.
* Making the cake for Sophie's second birthday. Right now it is a toss up between Pooh and Minnie Mouse.
* Playing my new taiko (Japanese drum) game
* Getting our first new sofa. When we got married family members gave us lots of gently used furniture so that we didn't have to really buy anything. The sofa that we have now is starting to come apart at the seams and every once in a while Sophie will bring me a big, spongy piece of sofa to throw away. Needless to say, we need a new one and we found and bought a reasonably priced one. They will be delivering it in about a week.
Hmm, that is all that comes to mind right now, but I am sure I am forgetting some things. What about you all out there in blog land, what are some things that you are looking forward to in 2008?