Tuesday, April 03, 2007

You Take The Good, You Take The Bad

For the past three weeks or so, Hubs has been coming home on the last train (around 12:30 am). The year end in Japan is March and it is an especially busy time of the year. Imagine my surprise then, when I got a call from Hubs a few minutes ago.

Hubs: Sorry, can't talk long.
Me: Oh, you must be busy.
Hubs: Yeah, I gotta get the train. It is leaving in a few minutes.
Me: Alright then, talk to you later.
Hubs: By the way, I will be home around 8:30.
Me: Wow, that's great!!!!
Hubs: But, I got go back to the clients office around 2:00.
Me: AM????
Hubs: Yup! I will explain when I get home.

Why, I ask you, is the theme song from FACTS OF LIFE running through my head right now??? Especially this line (come on sing along)
"You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life....."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, your posts on your husband's work demands inspired me and changed our world. I have always been an advocate for family time and have put a great deal of pressure on my husband to find a way to make that happen. In the last few months, after reading your posts and realizing how much pressure I must be placing and how fortunate I am that he can juggle it ... I changed. We changed. He works longer hours, and it actually is a good thing (now he is not staying until midnight mind you but I guess if he had to, I would have to learn to deal). I was feeling like a spoiled little brat, especially after reading how wonderfully understanding you are with your life and accepting it for what it is ... Taking the Good with the Bad ... Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I have tagged you too :D