Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Spaghetti Sauce Stain In The Shape Of Me

As I write this, Hubs is sitting on the living room floor surrounded by birthday cards, bills and credit card statements. He is organizing. Painstakingly, thoroughly organizing.

No wonder then, that we it is time to pick up the toys, Bailey insists that all the blue blocks have to be separated from the yellow blocks that are separated from the green blocks. He remembers that the monkey that squawks when you push it's tummy goes in the same box with the rattle that Sophie likes so much.

And, he is not afraid to tell you if you put something in the wrong place, no siree Bob.

That's another way he is like his Daddy. A straight talker. He's gonna tell you like it is, shoot straight from his hip, lay it all on the line.

I could go for weeks without finding that little something that says he is also part of me. I found it tonight at Denny's. His shirt covered with spaghetti sauce and his hands greasy from french fries, he fussed when Hubs tried to wipe his face.

"It's ok, Daddy," he said, "Mommy likes dirty and I do, too!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe that is so cute!

Becca too is so much like her Dad! Then there are moments she is just like me ... It is so fun!

Overwhelmed! said...

"Mommy likes dirty and I do, too!"

Oh my goodness, that is soooo cute! :)

I must admit, I dislike dirty. I don't mind so much if Snuggle Bug gets dirty, I just have to clean him up right away afterwards. My husband, he could care less. :)

Pamela said...

That is cute! He is going to be an organized little junkie! hehe! It is fun to see their personality emerge as they get older, and sometimes it is just like looking in the mirror. :)

Ame said...

oh, gosh, i absolutely LOVE this!!!

you know, i never bought any kind of stain treat product till after i had kids! now i have to treat my own clothes ALL the time, too!

i think mom's just get used to it :)

Vicky said...

That is indeed very cute! I love the way that kids can say something flattering and yet utterly insulting at the same time and yet, it is so cute and innocently meant that you can only laugh.

A few weeks ago Harry came up to me and was fondling my face. He looked lovingly into my eyes and said "I do love your floppy cheeks, Mummy." Hmmmm.

Perogyo said...

That's awesome!