Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dallas For A Day

In the hopes that a little quiet time will chase this stomach thing away for good, both Sophie and Bailey went to daycare today. Thus, I have spent the day nibbling on saltines, sipping ginger ale and watching old, old, old re-runs.

How old, you might ask? Ok, I will cut to the chase, Dallas old. Yes, I am talking about Sue Ellen and oil and cowboy hats. The highlight of the day- J.R.'s come on line, "Honey, we won't be needing the lights!" I laughed until I started coughing.

When I couldn't stomach anymore TV (literally, there was a girl eating crab eggs and squealing it delight) I started reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares and got more than halfway through before my eyes got heavy.

Feeling much better now, I am "on that computer again" and thinking about what to do for dinner. (By the way, what it is about Bailey that would make him not want pizza but eat uni instead? I do not understand!!)

Now get on over to that Dallas site and listen to the theme song, you know you want to!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Did you ever see the movie of the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants? I want to read the book sometime. But the movie was really cute! : )

Girlie said...

The movie of Sisterhood book rocks. It was nicely done. Tear-jerker too!

I have never seen that series Dallas. Is it good?

Just hopping by...stop by my blog-home if you get a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

I have that book! It is sitting on my "to read" pile! hehe I adored the movie!

Glad you are feeling better!

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow! They still run Dallas re-runs? Amazing. I vaguely remember watching some of those, when Lucy was a child on the show. Oh, and by the way, who did shoot JR? I can't remember.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Thanks for your comment on my Thanksgiving Day pictures post. Your prayers for brother and his family are much appreciated!