Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Kettle's A-boiling!!!

Yesterday. Yes, that is where I will start. Yesterday. Seems as good a place as any.

Bailey was in a horrible mood when I picked him up from school. Usually he doesn't want to leave, yesterday he couldn't wait to get out of there. The whole walk home he was crying. Loudly. Tears mixing with his runny nose. People turning their heads to watch. Needless to say, I felt like the worst mother in the world.

At home, I ask him to use the potty before I start making dinner. He will usually oblige by taking off his pants and underwear and running for the potty (and a little pri'acy). Yesterday, the mention of the potty made him howl even harder. I tried calming him down. I held him and rubbed his back. My hand stopped. That's funny. That feels awful thick to just be underwear. Pushing down his shorts to have a closer look, I discover a diaper. THEY PUT A DIAPER ON HIM AGAIN AFTER I TOLD THEM UNDERWEAR ONLY.

Through his tears Bailey said, "I am sorry, Mommy. Bailey big boy. Bailey like big boy pants. Teacher no like underwear. I am sorry."

Broke my heart right into a thousand little pieces. I wish that the teacher could have witnessed this. I wish she could have seen what she had done to my boy's spirit. If I was angry before I was enraged then.

Hubs called again to set them straight and this time he was so enraged that he threatened to take Bailey out of their school if it happened again. He demanded that the return all of Bailey's diapers (if they don't have them, they can't use them) and demanded an apology.

The teacher apologized this morning and told me she would have the diapers ready for me to take home when I pick Bailey up this afternoon. One more wrong move on the school's part and Bailey is out of there. Enough is enough!!!

(On a happier note, Bailey has not had a toileting accident for about a week now, including nights. Way to go, Bailey!!)

1 comment:

Horror Movie | Online Movies said...

I was going to go make a film in Greece. if they caught you with this much marijuana, they threw you in jail, no questions asked, and I was trying to stuff it in my deodorant bottles. I thought, what I am doing?