Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Trains With Daddy, Books With Mommy

Since Sophie decided to sleep in this morning and Bailey decided to do the dishes, I had a little extra time on my hands to, you know, do really important stuff like cut my fingernails and flip through the channels.

Sensing that I had no idea what to do with this newfound free time, Bailey handed me a bus and said, "Mommy, you bus. Bailey train."

"Ok," I said taking the bus and rolling it back and forth across the carpet.

"Nooooooo," Bailey said taking the bus from me, "This way." He added sound effects- honking horn, the rumble of the engine, screeching brakes and the like.

He gave the bus back to me and watched as I tried again. Still not satisified with my half-hearted attempt. He handed me the train. "Mommy, take this one."

Breathing deeply I chug-a-chugged and toot tooted until I was almost blue in the face. Without one word he took the train from me and returned it and the bus to the toy shelf.

"I play train only Daddy. Daddy train good. Mommy read book, play puzzle," he said carrying over two of his favorite book and a puzzle.

He sat on my lap as we did the board puzzle and read the books. Smiling, he looked up at me and said, "Mommy book good!"

Guess I make better animal and people sounds than car and train sounds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe it is so cute the way they end up preferring one way and only that one way.

TJ said...

we can't all be good at everything!
:-D

Val said...

This was so cute. Little boys can be very exacting with their transportation sound effects!