While trying to decide what to have for dinner the other night, my first thought was pasta. It is quick and easy and there are so many variations. But the pasta canister was empty and Bailey was demanding pasta- so what's a mom to do? I remembered that I had gnocchi in the freezer (thanks to a sale at Costco) so I decided to improvise. The results, in Bailey's words, "Dewecios".
1 package Gnocchi
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion
1 jar spaghetti sauce
Lots of shredded cheese
1. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions in heavily salted water, when they rise to the top they are done.
2. In a skillet sautee onion and add ground beef, when browned drain off grease
3. Add half of the jar of spaghetti sauce to the gnocchi and half to the ground beef mixture.
4. Gently mix the two together being careful not to break the gnocchi
5. Place mixture in baking dish ( I used individual ones)
6. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is slightly browned and bubbling.
Served with garlic bread and a green salad, this is a pretty quick meal.