2. Fireworks that make the entire crowd ooooo and aaahhhh.
3. Yukatas (summer cotton kimonos) on everyone- young and old, man and woman, the pretty and the not so pretty.
4. That handkerchief everyone carries around for the purpose of sopping up sweat.
5. Prickly heat in places prickly heat should never be.
6. The medicinal smell of mosquito repellant as you toss and turn in the heat, trying to sleep.
7. The jingle jangle of wind chimes that your MIL puts out only in the summer.
8. Sparklers just because.
9. Ghost stories to help cool the blood.
10. All kinds of stamina foods- grilled eel and other treasures.
11. Shaved ice in every color imaginable.
12. Ice cold noodles and salty dipping sauce (somen).
13. Obon (the festival of the dead) and paper lanterns glowing on a silky, black river guiding lost souls
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1.Cindi 2.Lady Jane3.Lashawn(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants