Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Slumber

I remembering reading somewhere that if a baby slept for five hours straight it was considered sleeping through the night. if that is true, then Sophie selpt through almost three nights last night. She went to be around 7:00 as usual and didn't wake up until almost 9:00. I mean I didn't hear even a peep from her until almost nine. Not a snore, not a half-hearted cry, nothing!

After milk and a snack for Bailey, we headed across the street to Jusco (a shopping complex with everything you could ever need or want) at around 10:00. Every Tuesday they have a sale and you can get pretty good prices, but it is always so darn crowded. My plan was to get some fruit, yogurt and chicken and get out of there, but that was not to be. I had Bailey in the stroller because he was complaining his leg hurt and he reclined on back. As I navigated the crowds, I thought he was being extra good and looked down to find him asleep. Sophie was getting fussy, so I popped the pacifier in her mouth and she was out in about five minutes. They both slept about forty five minutes while I checked out the sale on baby clothes.

Back home, it was time for milk for Sophie and lunch for Bailey. After milk, Sophie went back to sleep again and after lunch, so did Bailey. I even joined them for a while! That was another three hours of sleep for Sophie and another hour and a half for me and Bailey.

Must be the heat. . . . .

No comments: